All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSurveys the historical background of handwriting usage, with emphasis on changing fashions. This book provides guidance on how to deal with early language and abbreviations. It is suitable for research students, local historians, genealogists, and calligraphers.
- Author BiographyDr Grant Simpson, formerly Senior Lecturer, is now Honorary Reader in Scottish History at the University of Aberdeen, and was for many years an Assistant Keeper on the staff of the Scottish Record Office in Edinburgh, where he gained a wide knowledge of the manuscript sources of Scottish history and their handwritings.
- Author(s)Grant Simpson
- PublisherJohn Donald Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2009
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Donald Short Run Press
- Content Noteb&w illustrations throughout
- Weight295 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.97
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.12Trending at £10.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.