All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA fully comprehensive survey of the use of a lathe for all forms of screwcutting in all thread forms, imperial and metric. Calculations, gear trains, conversions, etc are all explained and also set out in tabular form.
- Author Biography'Martin Cleeve' was the pen name of Kenneth C. Hart, a respected contributor for some thirty years to Model Engineer magazine. His painstaking, perfectionist approach to high-quality, accurate work (which so clearly comes through in this book as in all his other writing) led him to design and describe many original lathe accessories which have been made and regularly used in hundreds of amateur and professional workshops.
- Author(s)Martin Cleeve
- PublisherSpecial Interest Model Books
- Date of Publication01/03/1984
- GenreHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Series TitleWorkshop Practice
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationHemel Hempstead
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpecial Interest Model Books
- Content Note17 black & white photographs; 63 scale diagrams; 13 tables of data
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Most relevant reviews
- timfr$07 May, 2017by
Heavy duty bedtime reading. Must admit it's sent me to sleep a few times and is heavy going but lots of detail and valuable information. Perhaps not so easy to put into practice. We will see.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- 7525jeff27 Oct, 2016by
Good book but a hard ish read. Will put it into practice soon.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- kieranto16 Oct, 2014by
perfect threads are now a matter of course.
I bought this book because screwcutting is a job I like to do but wanted to know more of the technical aspects and this fits the bill perfectly.
- alanreid2003201...14 Mar, 2013by
a very useful technical book
A useful book full of relatively easy to comprehend information. Presented in a methodical and logical manner to guide users through what can be a complex subject. Recommended
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £1.99Trending at £2.41
- £1.95Trending at £2.88
- £2.35Trending at £2.95
- £1.25Trending at £1.51
- £13.64Trending at £19.98
- £14.89Trending at £16.11
- £8.84Trending at £8.99