All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.30
- £10.75Trending at £11.04
- £21.69Trending at £24.93
- £4.34Trending at £4.46
- £23.93Trending at £24.46
- £8.01Trending at £11.27
- £8.99Trending at £9.29
About this product
- DescriptionBrings together the world's most influential sacred texts. This text includes chapters on the twelve major religious traditions as well as two chapters on indigenous religious practices.
- Author BiographyJames Fieser is a Professor of Philosophy at the University of Tennessee at Martin. He received his B.A. from Berea College, and his M.A. and Ph.D. in Philosophy from Purdue University. He is author, co-author or editor of ten textbooks, including Philosophy: A Historical Survey with Essential Readings (9/e 2014), Scriptures of the World's Religions (5/e 2014), Ethics: Discovering Right and Wrong (7/e 2012), Business Ethics and the Bottom Line (2012), A Historical Introduction to Philosophy (2003), and Moral Philosophy through the Ages (2001). He has edited and annotated the ten-volume Early Responses to Hume (2/e 2005) and the five-volume Scottish Common Sense Philosophy (2000). He is founder and general editor of the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy web site (<http://www.iep.utm.edu>www.iep.utm.edu). His personal website can be accessed at www.utm.edu/staff/jfieser. John Powers is Professor of Asian Studies in the School of Culture, History, and Language, College of Asia and the Pacific, Australian National University. He received a BA from the College of the Holy Cross, an MA from McMaster University, and a PhD from the University of Virginia. He is the author of fourteen books and more than sixty articles, including A Bull of a Man: Images of Masculinity, Sex, and the Body in Indian Buddhism (Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 2009); History as Propaganda: Tibetan Exiles versus the People's Republic of China (New York: Oxford University Press, 2004); and Introduction to Tibetan Buddhism (Ithaca: Snow Lion Publications, 2007). He teaches courses on Buddhism, contemporary India, methodology for Asian Studies, and Asian Religions.
- Author(s)James Fieser,John Powers
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- Series TitlePhilosophy & Religion
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Weight712 g
- Width160 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.