Best-selling in Sports
Save on Sports
- £9.57Trending at £9.95
- £7.20Trending at £7.36
- £26.56Trending at £36.95
- £5.56Trending at £9.99
- £14.59Trending at £17.99
- £10.28Trending at £13.75
- £6.95Trending at £12.37
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for recreational divers, diving instructors and students around the globe, this title includes full-colour photographs and diving instruction. It demystifies the complex topics such as gas laws and the physics and physiology of diving.
- Author BiographyWith over a quarter-century of experience as a scuba instructor and instructor trainer, Dennis Graver has authored 27 books and manuals on the subject of scuba diving. In his position as Director of Training for the Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI), he designed the PADI modular scuba course and wrote the PADI Dive Manual, which revolutionised scuba instruction. During his tenure as director of education for the National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI), Graver wrote the NAUI Openwater I Scuba Diver Course Instructor Guide as well as several other diving texts. He has also contributed hundreds of articles on diving to such magazines as Skin Diver, Sources, and Undercurrents as well as several NAUI technical publications. From the Red Sea off the coast of Egypt to the barrier reefs of Australia, Graver has spent the past 32 years photographing the wonders under the water. He has won numerous awards from the Underwater Photographic Society, and his photos have graced the covers of many magazines and illustrated several diving texts and audiovisual educational programmes.
- Author(s)Dennis K. Graver
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- GenreWater Sports
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Out-of-print date06/01/2017
- Content Note85 Illustrations, color; 100 Halftones, color
- Weight794 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement4th edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.