All listings for this product
Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £37.62Trending at £44.80
- £27.58Trending at £28.69
- £31.44Trending at £34.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe translation of poetry has always fascinated the theorists, as the chances of replicating in another language the one-off resonance of music, imagery, and truth values of a poem are negligible. This title offers essays that focus on the poetically viable translation - the derived poem that, while resonating with the original, really is a poem.
- Author BiographyBarbara Folkart is adjunct professor of the School of Translation and Interpretation at the University of Ottawa, where she taught full-time from 1980 to 2000. She is a practicing poet and her work has been published in numerous poetry reviews in Canada and the United Kingdom.
- Author(s)Barbara Folkart
- PublisherUniversity of Ottawa Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2006
- Series TitlePerspectives on Translation
- Place of PublicationOttawa
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Ottawa Press
- Weight760 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.