Best-selling in History & Military
About this product
- DescriptionA beautifully illustrated and moving pictorial record of the Second World War as experienced by the Australian men and women who contributed so much.
- Author BiographyBorn in Melbourne, Richard Pelvin joined the Defence Department in 1969 and moved to Canberra in 1972, working in a number of areas of the department, including ten years in the historical sections of the Army and Navy. From 1997 to 2002 he was Curator of Official Records at the Australian War Memorial. He is now an independent military history researcher and has published a number of articles and papers on military, naval and aviation history as well as writing the renowned Anzac, companion volume to this publication. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Monash University and a Master of Defence Studies from the University of New South Wales. For this book he spent months researching the best photographs from the archives of the Australian War Memorial to tell the story of Australians in the Second World War.
- Author(s)Richard Pelvin
- PublisherHardie Grant Books
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yarra
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHardie Grant Books
- Content NoteColour & B-W photographs throughout
- Weight1780 g
- Width258 mm
- Height288 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.