Securing an urban renaissance: Crime, community, and British urban policy by Policy Press (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £21.03+ £1.00 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by books_discount
- See details for delivery est.
- £7.05Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by better_world_books_uk
- Est. delivery by 4 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection adds weight to an emerging argument that policies to make cities better are inextricably linked to an attempt to pacify and regulate crime and disorder. It provides discussions from a range of scholars examining policy connections that can be traced between social, urban and crime policy and the wider processes of regeneration.
- Author BiographyRowland Atkinson is a Senior Researcher and Director of the Housing and Community Research Unit at the School of Sociology, University of Tasmania. A former research fellow of the Department of Urban Studies, University of Glasgow, his work has focused on issues of neighbourhood change and patterns of social exclusion and privilege in cities including research on gentrification, gated communities, defensive homeownership and informal regulation in affluent and deprived neighbourhoods. Gesa Helms is a Research Fellow at the Department of Urban Studies, University of Glasgow. Her research interests lie, firstly, in the political economies of urban restructuring, in particular urban governance, economic regeneration, labour markets and social inclusion policies in old-industrial regions. A second strand of research centres on debates around social regulation, policing and surveillance.
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication11/07/2007
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byGesa Helms,Rowland Atkinson
Best-selling in Politics & Government
Save on Politics & Government
- £7.12Trending at £9.99
- £11.43Trending at £14.98
- £10.20Trending at £12.99
- £14.98Trending at £21.37
- £28.89Trending at £30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.