All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntegrates the multi-disciplined practice areas of security into a single structured body of knowledge, where each chapter takes an evidence-based approach to one of the core knowledge categories. This book provides a rational basis for complex decisions and begins the process of defining the emerging discipline of security science.
- Author BiographyClifton L. Smith, PhD is a retired Associate Professor of Security Science in the School of Engineering, Edith Cowan University, Perth, Western Australia. He developed their Security Science programs (BS, MS, and PhD) beginning in the 1980s, and helped establish their Security Science Research and Test Laboratory. He continues to conduct research in ballistics imaging, security knowledge and understanding, biometric imaging, and security education. Professor Smith has consulted in Australia, Southeast Asia, UK and India on security training programs, physical security audits, CCTV and infrared surveillance techniques, security lighting evaluation, and perimeter technology testing. David J Brooks, PhD, is Senior Lecturer and research leader at Edith Cowan University, Australia, teaching and researching Security Science. Dr. Brooks specializes in security knowledge structure, security risk management and security technology. Past positions include the Australian Defence Force West Australian Infrastructure Plant Contract Manager, Senior Security Consultant with AMLEC House consulting group and others, and military service in the Royal Air Force, Air Defence group. Current research involves developing the theory of entropic security decay, defeat testing of security technology, use of resilience as an aid to National Security Vetting and Building Management System vulnerabilities.
- Author(s)Clifton Smith,David J. Brooks
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication31/12/2012
- GenreInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Weight650 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.36Trending at £4.51
- £9.51Trending at £9.95
- £2.70Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.49
- £6.35Trending at £7.30
- £9.81Trending at £12.44
- £6.88Trending at £7.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.