Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.46
- £9.24Trending at £10.97
- £26.45Trending at £27.74
- £19.99Trending at £22.62
- £30.79Trending at £34.30
- £10.89Trending at £13.11
- £18.40Trending at £19.55
About this product
- Author(s)P. R. Halmos
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/06/2014
- Series TitleSpringer Collected Works in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight498 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byD. E. Sarason,L. Gillman
- Edition Statement1983. Reprint 2014 of the 1983 edition
- Table Of Contents[1949 d] Measurable transformations.- [1959 d] Entropy in ergodic theory.- [1961 a] Recent progress in ergodic theory.- [1963 a] What does the spectral theorem say?.- [1963 b] A glimpse into Hilbert space.- [1970 b] Finite-dimensional Hilbert spaces.- [1944 c] The foundations of probability.- [1976 b] American mathematics from 1940 to the day before yesterday.- [1977 b] Bernoulli shifts.- [1978 a] Fourier series.- [1978 b] Arithmetic progressions.- [1978 c] Invariant subspaces.- [1978 d] Schauder bases.- [1978 e] The Serre conjecture.-  The work of F. Riesz.- [1970 a] How to write mathematics.- [1974 b] How to talk mathematics.- [1975 a] What to publish.- [1975 b] The teaching of problem solving.- [1977 a] Logic from A to G.- [1980 c] The heart of mathematics.- [1981c] Does mathematics have elements?.- [1982 e] The thrills of abstraction.- [1957 b] Nicolas Bourbaki.- [1968 d] Mathematics as a creative art.- [1973 a] The legend of John von Neumann.- [1981 b] Applied mathematics is bad mathematics.- Paul Halmos: A maverick mathologist.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.