All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnglish translations of the major works of Shenoute the Great (c.347-465), foundational and controversial figure in Egyptian Christianity.
- Author BiographyDavid Brakke is Joe R. Engle Chair in the History of Christianity and Professor of History at Ohio State University. He is the author of Athanasius and the Politics of Asceticism (1995), Demons and the Making of the Monk: Spiritual Combat in Early Christianity (2006) and The Gnostics: Myth, Ritual, and Diversity in Early Christianity (2010). He is also editor and translator of Evagrius of Pontus: Talking Back: A Monastic Handbook for Combating Demons (2009). Andrew Crislip is William E. and Miriam S. Blake Chair in the History of Christianity and Associate Professor of History at Virginia Commonwealth University. He is the author of two books on healing and monasticism in late antiquity, Thorns in the Flesh: Illness and Sanctity in Late Ancient Egypt (2012) and From Monastery to Hospital: The Transformation of Health Care in Late Antiquity (2005), as well as numerous articles and essays on early Christian life and thought.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication09/12/2015
- GenreChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note7 b/w illus. 2 maps
- Weight690 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £114.95Trending at £116.90
- £69.50Trending at £109.25
- £12.99Trending at £13.26
- £23.99Trending at £24.39
- £26.82Trending at £44.72
- £50.42Trending at £51.49
- £25.45Trending at £34.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.