Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.71Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.65
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
About this product
- DescriptionThe editors present a careful selection from Scudery's shorter writings, including her 'Amorous Letters', 'Famous Women', and her series of 'Conversations'. One of the most popular novelists of the 17th century, Scudery was the first woman to be honoured by the French Academy.
- Author BiographyJane Donawerth is professor of English and affiliate faculty in women's studies at the University of Maryland. She is the author of Shakespeare and the Sixteenth-Century Study of Language and, most recently, editor of Rhetorical Theory by Women before 1900: An Anthology. Julie Strongson, a specialist in French and English comparative literature, is an instructor at the University of Maryland.
- Author(s)Madeleine de Scudery
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication04/05/2004
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteillustrations, bibliographical references , index
- Weight308 g
- Width156 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byJane L. Donawerth,Julie Strongson
- Translated byJane L. Donawerth,Julie Strongson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.