Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.09
- £9.24Trending at £10.99
- £19.99Trending at £23.80
- £30.79Trending at £33.99
- £21.79Trending at £22.04
- £28.00Trending at £30.23
- £16.99Trending at £18.58
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2011
- Series TitleContemporary Mathematicians
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1185 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byG.-C. Rota,J.S. Oliveira
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1987
- Table Of ContentsI. Lattices.-  On the Combination of Subalgebras.- [3a] Note on the Paper On the Combination of Subalgebras .-  Applications of Lattice Algebra.-  On the Lattice Theory of Ideals.-  Ideals in Algebraic Rings.-  Combinatorial Relations in Projective Geometries.-  Abstract Linear Dependence and Lattices.-  The Logic of Quantum Mechanics (with J. von Neumann).-  A Characterization of Boolean Algebras (with M. Ward).-  Neutral Elements in General Lattices.-  Distributive Postulates for Systems Like Boolean Algebras (with G. D. Birkhoff).-  A Ternary Operation in Distributive Lattices (with S. A. Kiss).- II. Universal Algebra.-  On the Structure of Abstract Algebras.-  Subdirect Unions in Universal Algebra.-  Universal Algebra.-  Heterogeneous Algebras (with J. D. Lipson).-  Universal Algebra and Automata (with J. D. Lipson).-  Note on Universal Topological Algebra.- III. Topology.-  The Topology of Transformation-Sets.-  Moore-Smith Convergence in General Topology.-  The Meaning of Completeness.-  An Extended Arithmetic.-  Rings of Sets.-  Generalized Arithmetic.-  Representations of Lattices by Sets (with O. Frink, Jr.).-  A New Interval Topology for Dually Directed Sets.- IV. Lie Groups and Lie Algebras.-  On the Order of Groups of Automorphisms (with P. Hall).-  A Note on Topological Groups.-  Lie Groups Simply Isomorphic with No Linear Group.-  Continuous Groups and Linear Spaces.-  Representability of Lie Algebras and Lie Groups by Matrices.-  Analytical Groups.-  Representation of Jordan and Lie Algebras (with P. M. Whitman).- V. Lattice-Ordered Algebraic Structures.-  Dependent Probabilities and Spaces (L).-  Lattice-Ordered Groups.-  Lattice-Ordered Lie Groups.-  Lattice-Ordered Rings (with R. S. Pierce).- VI. History of Algebra.-  Current Trends in Algebra.-  The Role of Modern Algebra in Computing.- [182a] The Rise of Modern Algebra to 1936.- [182b] The Rise of Modern Algebra, 1936 to 1950.- Permissions.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.