Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.03Trending at £12.34
- £11.72Trending at £14.47
- £12.51Trending at £16.54
About this product
- DescriptionAnibal Nunez has been described as the best Spanish poet of his generation, sometimes called the generation of '68. His recognition has been a long time coming, no doubt due to the fact that he stood outside the accepted currents of his time. Poet, painter, essayist and translator, he died young, but left behind a very large body of work.
- Author BiographyAnibal Nunez (1944-1987) was a Spanish poet, painter and translator. He was born in Salamanca, the son of a photographer, and studied Literature. Modern Languages and Fine Arts there. He translated the work of Propertius, Catullus and Rimbaud, among others. Although he died young, he left a large body of poetry and a similarly large body of visual work. Recognition was slow to come, as his poetry stood outside the major critical currents of his time in Spain. The situation has been changing since his death, and re-evaluation of his work has seen him recognised as a major, if independent, figure.
- Author(s)Anibal Nunez
- PublisherShearsman Books
- Date of Publication27/05/2013
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShearsman Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight469 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated byLuis Ingelmo,Michael Smith
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.