All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWS Merwin is an influential American poet. This book contains a selection of his poems which cover over five decades of his poetry, from The Dancing Bears (1954) to Present Company (2005). It draws its contents from his American retrospective, Migration .
- Author BiographyW.S. Merwin has been awarded most of the principal prizes in American poetry, including the Pulitzer Prize, the Bollingen Prize and the Tanning Prize, and a Lannan Lifetime Achievement Award. As well as being an internationally renowned poet, he is the author of many classic translations, including editions of Neruda, Dante, The Song of Roland, The Poem of the Cid, and (from Bloodaxe) Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. Born in New Jersey City in 1927, he taught at several universities, and now lives on the Pacific island of Maui, where he tends to his writing and to his garden of rare and endangered palm trees.
- Author(s)W. S. Merwin
- PublisherBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Date of Publication10/05/2007
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationTyne and Wear
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £34.31Trending at £39.85
- £6.73Trending at £8.98
- £2.81Trending at £3.42
- £4.98Trending at £5.17
- £10.29Trending at £10.87
- £5.99Trending at £8.84
- £9.57Trending at £10.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.