All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDaisetsu Teitaro Suzuki was a key figure in the introduction of Buddhism to the non-Asian world. This book gathers the range of Suzuki's writings both classic essays and lesser-known but equally significant articles.
- Author BiographyDaisetsu Teitaro Suzuki (1870--1966) was a Japanese-born scholar and translator who over the course of the twentieth century came to be regarded as one of the leading authorities on Zen Buddhism. He was the author of more than a hundred works on the subject in both Japanese and English and was instrumental in bringing the teachings of Zen and other forms of Buddhism to the attention of the Western world. His many books in English include An Introduction to Zen Buddhism, Essays in Zen Buddhism, Living by Zen, Zen and Japanese Culture, Mysticism: Christian and Buddhist, and Shin Buddhism. Richard M. Jaffe is Associate Professor of Religious Studies at Duke University and the author of Neither Monk nor Layman: Clerical Marriage in Modern Japanese Buddhism.
- Author(s)Daisetsu Teitaro Suzuki
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication05/12/2014
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note12 b/w, 6 line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byRichard M. Jaffe
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.15
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.36
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.66Trending at £24.17
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.