CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.91Trending at £24.50
- £26.30Trending at £26.87
- £38.57Trending at £43.98
- £27.28Trending at £27.76
- £12.69Trending at £13.18
- £20.30Trending at £26.99
- £16.38Trending at £16.74
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/10/2012
- GenreLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight539 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byDolph L. Hatfield
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2001
- Table Of ContentsList of Contributors. Foreword; R.F. Burk. Preface; D.L. Hatfield. Acknowledgements.1. Introduction; D.L. Hatfield. Part I: Biosynthesis of selenocysteine and its incorporation into protein: 2. Selenium metabolism in bacteria; A. Bock. 3. Mammalian selenocysteine tRNA; B.A. Carlson, et al. 4. Selenophosphate selenium donor for protein and tRNA; G.M. Lacourciere. 5. SECIS elements; G.W. Martin III, M.J. Berry. 6. SECIS binding proteins; P.R. Copeland, D.M. Driscoll. 7. Towards a mechanism for selenocysteine incorporation in eukaryotes; J.B. Mansell, M.J. Berry. 8.Regulation of selenoprotein expression; R.A. Sunde. Part II: Selenium-containing proteins: 9. Identity, evolution and function of selenoproteins and selenoprotein genes; V.N. Gladyshev. 10. Bacterial selenoenzymes and mechanisms of action; T.C. Stadtman. 11. Selenoprotein P; K.E. Hill, R.F. Burk. 12. Selenoprotein W: A muscle protein in search of a function; L. Walt Ream, et al. 13. The 15 kDa selenoprotein (Sep15): functional studies and a role in cancer etiology; V.N. Gladyshev, et al. 14. Selenoproteins of the glutathione system; L. Flohe, R. Brigelius-Flohe. 15. Selenoproteins of the thioredoxin system; A. Holmgren. 16. Selenium, deiodinases and endocrine function; D.L. St. Germain. Part III: Selenium and human health: 17. Selenium as a cancer preventive agent; G.F. Combs Jr., Junxuan Lu. 18.Selenium deficiency and human disease; R.Th.J. Coppinger, A.M. Diamond. 19. Selenium as an antiviral agent; M.A. Beck. 20. Role of selenium in HIV/AIDS; M.K. Baum, et al. 21. Effects of selenium on immunity and aging; R.C. McKenzie, et al. 22. Selenium and male reproduction; L. Flohe, et al. 23. Role of low molecular weight, selenium-containing compounds in human health; H.J. Thompson. 24. Evolution of human dietary standards for selenium; O.A. Levander. 25. Selenium in Biology and human health: controversies and perspectives; V.N. Gladyshev. Index.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.