All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book uses intuitive examples to introduce readers to the idea of self-control and its importance for understanding criminal behaviour, and to explore the close connection between self-control and the behavioural choices people make.
- Author BiographyCarter Hay is a professor and the director of graduate studies in the College of Criminology and Criminal Justice at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida. He received his Ph.D. in Sociology from the University of Texas at Austin in 1999. His articles, chapters, and books have focused on the causes and consequences of crime and deviance over the life course, with a special focus on self-control and its early in life precursors. Ryan C. Meldrum is an assistant professor in the Department of Criminal Justice at Florida International University in Miami, Florida. He received his Ph.D. from Florida State University in 2010. His research addresses individual level correlates of delinquent behavior, with a particular emphasis on child development and the role of self-control.
- Author(s)Carter H. Hay,Ryan C. Meldrum
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication16/04/2015
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.53
- £4.60Trending at £6.25
- £12.06Trending at £12.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.