Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.47
- £10.87Trending at £12.34
- £11.68Trending at £14.47
- £12.51Trending at £16.54
About this product
- DescriptionProvides a fascinating compilation of entries on self-experimenters and their experiments.
- Author BiographyARSEN P. FIKS, M.D., Ph.D., born, 1930, in Odessa, Russia; died, 2001, in Chicago, Illinois. Dr. Fiks, a pathologist by study and training, held many prestigious medical and research positions in both the Soviet Union and the United States. He was an avid researcher in pathology, oncology, the history of science, and self-experimentation and contributed over a hundred articles to international medical journals. Of his many intellectual pursuits, he was especially keen to uncover and understand the devotion and accomplishments of self-experimenters. The breadth of this book partially reflects his avid interest. PAUL A. BUELOW, Ph.D., is a visiting assistant professor in the College of Education at Butler University, Indianapolis. He is a historian by training, and his dissertation explored the connection between medicine and medical charity in 19th-century Chicago. He has written on the history of hospitals for the forthcoming Encyclopedia of Chicago History, and on the medical history of Chicago's Hull-House neighborhood for the University of Illinois at Chicago's Nearwest website project.
- Author(s)Arsen P. Fiks,Paul A. Buelow
- Date of Publication30/08/2003
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Weight612 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.