All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.79Trending at £5.18
- £5.39Trending at £5.51
- £11.28Trending at £13.93
- £9.10Trending at £12.94
- £9.60Trending at £9.68
- £10.95Trending at £16.23
- £15.50Trending at £18.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe management of chronic disease and the contribution patients make to their own care is attracting widespread attention, nationally and internationally. This is the first book to bring together those who have been instrumental in developing this practice, and to assess the value it holds for the different groups involved.
- Author BiographyRoy Jones led the team that introduced Stanford's Arthritis Self Management Programme to the UK, as Director of Services at Arthritis Care. Between 1993 and 2000 the programme grew extensively and was piloted in the NHS after the adoption of the Expert Patients report in 2001. Roy served on the DoH Task Force and the DoH Implementation Group guiding those developments. Previously, as Director of the Council for Voluntary Service, Northampton and County, community development work formed his commitment to local level service delivery. He worked on the establishment of the Councils of Disabled People and supporting independent welfare rights services. His concern for disabled people continues as Vice Chair of the Disability Alliance. In his consultancy role he has worked for the Department of Health and a number of health management and pharmaceutical companies. His continuing academic links are primarily with Coventry University and The School of Pharmacy, London, UK.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication11/02/2010
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note4 black and white line drawings
- Weight335 g
- Width156 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byF. Roy Jones
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.