Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.85
- £4.65Trending at £4.85
- £9.18Trending at £12.99
- £11.28Trending at £13.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.71
- £37.82Trending at £49.99
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
About this product
- Author(s)Srilata Raman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/04/2009
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note6 black & white tables
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Table Of Contents1. Introduction 2. The Conceptual Parameters: Ramanuja and Prapatti 3. An Introduction to the Commentaries 4. Surrendering to Purification: Prapatti in the Arayirappati Commentary 5. Epic Surrender: The Onpatinayirappati Commentary of Nanciyar 6. Still Surrender: The Irupattunalayirappati and the Itu Muppattarayirappati 7. Surrender Structured: The Pannirayirappati Commentary 8. Conclusion
- Author BiographySrilata Raman is Assistant Professor for Hindu Studies at the University of Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA. Her main research areas include medieval South Indian religion, hagiography and historiography as well as the modern socio-religious reform movements in South India and the transformation of religion in colonialism. She has published several articles on medieval Shrivaishnavism, and is the co-editor of Words and Deeds: Hindu and Buddhist Rituals in South Asia (2005).
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.