Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £5.06Trending at £6.00
- £16.82Trending at £23.98
- £11.16Trending at £14.99
- £14.49Trending at £19.48
- £9.66Trending at £13.86
- £11.45Trending at £14.99
- £8.84Trending at £12.99
About this product
- DescriptionTraces the social history of early modern Japan's sex trade, from its beginnings in seventeenth-century cities to its apotheosis in the nineteenth-century countryside. Drawing on legal codes, diaries, town registers, petitions, and criminal records, this title describes how the work of selling women transformed communities across the archipelago.
- Author BiographyAmy Stanley is Assistant Professor of History at Northwestern University.
- Author(s)Amy Dru Stanley
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication19/06/2012
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleAsia: Local Studies / Global Themes
- Series Part/Volume Number21
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note7 b/w photographs, 4 maps
- Weight467 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byMatthew H. Sommer
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.