All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.97
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
About this product
- DescriptionSemantic e-Science presents the latest research and developments in semantic web applications in the life, earth, materials, and social sciences. Topics discussed include knowledge acquisition, integration and dissemination techniques.
- Author BiographyHuajun Chen received his B.S. from the Department of Biochemical Engineering, and Ph.D. from the College of Computer Science, both from Zhejiang University. At present, he serves as an associate professor in the college of computer science at Zheijiang University and was a visiting researcher at the school of computer science, Carnegie Mellon University. He is currently working for the China 973 Semantic Grid initiative and the leader of the e-Science DartGrid semantic grid project. Yimin Wang is an associate information consultant in Lilly Singapore Centre for Drug Discovery. He is currently leading projects related to Semantic Web R&D in the division of Integrative Computational Science to support drug discovery research. Before joining Lilly Singapore, he was a research associate at the University of Karlsruhe, Institute of Applied Informatics and Formal Description Methods (AIFB). He received his MS in 2005 after studying Advanced Computer Science in the Medical Informatics Group at University of Manchester, supervised by Prof. Alan Rector. Dr. Kei Cheung is an Associate Professor at the Yale Center for Medical Informatics. He received his PhD degree in Computer Science from the University of Connecticut. Since his PhD graduation, Dr. Cheung has been a faculty member at the Yale University School of Medicine. Dr. Cheung has a joint appointment with the Computer Science Department and Genetics Department at Yale. Dr. Cheung's primary research interest lies in the area of bioinformatics database and tool integration. Recently, he has embarked on the exploration of Semantic Web in the context of Life Sciences (including Neuroscience) data and tool integration. Dr. Cheung edited Semantic Web: Revolutionizing Knowledge Discovery in the Life Sciences (Springer) and served as the chair of the First International Workshop on Health Care and Life Sciences Data Integration for the Semantic Web, which was held cooperatively with the WWW2007 conference. He was he Guest Editor of the Special Issue: Semantic BioMed Mashup , Journal of Biomedical Informatics. Dr. Cheung is also an invited expert to the Semantic Web Health Care and Life Science Interest Group launched by the World Wide Web Consortium.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleAnnals of Information Systems
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 11
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note127 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, biography
- Weight511 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byHuajun Chen,Jiaoyan Chen,Kei-Hoi Cheung,Yimin Wang
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.