All listings for this product
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.12
- £9.10Trending at £10.99
- £24.21Trending at £25.37
- £14.15Trending at £22.06
- £10.89Trending at £12.30
- £27.75Trending at £47.99
- £10.46Trending at £14.18
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the economic rights and entitlements of separated/deserted women in law and practice in India, and explores all the laws and policies relating to financial support for a wife or child that come into play once a separation or divorce has taken place.
- Author BiographyKirti Singh is a noted lawyer working and practising on women's issues in Delhi. As a part-time member of the 18th Law Commission of India, she worked on the reports on laws related to child marriage and acid attacks. She has recently drafted a bill on crimes and killings in the name of 'honour' on behalf of All India Democratic Women's Association (AIDWA), of which she is the legal convenor. This draft law has been adopted with some changes by the National Commission for Women (NCW). She is also working on other issues with NCW and is on their expert committee on laws. In the past she has worked on amendments to laws relating to sexual assault and sexual harassment in the Indian Penal Code, 1860 for AIDWA and NCW. She has also worked for reform in the laws related to 'maintenance' under Section 125, Code of Criminal Procedure. During the early 1980s, she was involved in suggesting reforms to laws related to dowry and rape. Currently she is working on an extensive study of laws which promote son preference and discrimination against the daughter for the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA).
- Author(s)Kirti Singh
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication15/01/2013
- GenreNational Law: Professional
- Series TitleSage Law
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.