Best-selling in Crime & Thriller
Save on Crime & Thriller
- £34.99Trending at £38.99
- £28.67Trending at £32.13
- £3.79Trending at £6.28
- £8.29Trending at £8.99
- £12.12Trending at £13.04
- £2.81Trending at £3.65
- £8.12Trending at £11.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe strange events begin with the breathless tale of a mysterious light shining from inside the Minster. Added to reports of ghostly organ music and a piercing scream heard at the dead of night, and the Dean of the Minster has good reason to contact Reverend Septimus Treloar, once a Chief Inspector in the CID.
- Author BiographyStephen Chance is the pseudonym of Philip William Turner. Born in British Colombia, Canada, in 1925 to English parents, he returned to England in 1926. He was raised in Leicestershire and served in the Royal Navy as an engineer from 1953 to 1946, before resuming his education at Worcester College, Oxford, graduating in 1949. He married in 1950 and was ordained as a priest in the Church of England the following year. The father of two children, he was awarded the Carnegie Medal in 1965 for his children's novel, The Grange at High Force. His young adult series starring Reverend Septimus, written under the name Stephen Chance, was published throughout the 1970s to huge popular acclaim. He died in 2006.
- Author(s)Stephen Chance
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication17/07/2008
- GenreCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleA Reverend Septimus Treloar Mystery
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight186 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.