All listings for this product
Best-selling in Psychology & Help
Save on Psychology & Help
- £10.52Trending at £11.34
- £8.91Trending at £9.93
- £14.50Trending at £16.53
- £10.52Trending at £12.99
- £8.88Trending at £11.95
- £4.88Trending at £5.84
- £10.33Trending at £14.45
About this product
- DescriptionEmphasizes digital means to record and code behavior; while observational methods do not require them, they work better with them.
- Author BiographyRoger Bakeman is professor emeritus in the Psychology Department at Georgia State University. A graduate of Antioch College, Bakeman earned his PhD from the University of Texas, Austin in 1973 and previously worked in computer programming at the Yale University Computer Center and at the Brookings Institution. He is a fellow of the American Psychology Association and the Association for Psychological Science and has served as program co-chair for biennial meetings of the Society for Research in Child Development (SRCD) and the International Conference of Infant Studies (ICIS). For the National Institutes of Health (NIH), he served on the Advisory Board for the Study of Early Child Care, the Advisory Committee for the Division of Research Grants and on various review panels. He was an associate editor for Infancy and has served on editorial boards for Behavior Research Methods, Child Development, Developmental Psychology, Infant Behavior and Development and Psychological Methods. He is author, with John M. Gottman, of Observing Interaction: An Introduction to Sequential Analysis; with Vicenc Quera, of Analyzing Interaction: Sequential Analysis with SDIS and GSEQ; and with Byron F. Robinson, of Understanding Statistics in the Behavioral Sciences and Understanding Log-linear Analysis with ILOG. He has consulted widely, primarily on topics related to infant and child typical and atypical development and health matters. Vicenc Quera earned his BA (1981) and PhD (1986) in psychology from the University of Barcelona, Spain. He is a professor in the Department of Behavioral Science Methods, Faculty of Psychology, at the University of Barcelona. His research is focused on sequential analysis and modeling and simulation of collective behavior. He is a member of the Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behavior and leads the Adaptive Behavior and Interaction Research Group at the University of Barcelona. He has been director of the Master and Doctorate Programme in Primatology and has served on the Advisory Committee for Tenure-track Lecturers at AQU Catalunya (Quality Assurance Agency for the University System in Catalonia, Spain) and on various review panels. He is co-author, with Roger Bakeman, of Analyzing Interaction: Sequential Analysis with SDIS and GSEQ. He has served on the editorial board of Behavior Research Methods, Psicologica and other journals, and has published articles on observational methods, observer agreement, sequential analysis, single-case designs, and computer modeling of collective behavior in Psychological Bulletin, Psychological Methods, Behavior Research Methods, Social Science and Medicine, the Journal of Experimental Education, Psicologica, Perceptual and Motor Skills and the Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation.
- Author(s)Roger Bakeman,Vicenc Quera
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note53 b/w illus. 48 tables
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.