Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £7.35+ £5.25 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by 10something4u
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHappy homemaker Beverly Sutphin (Kathleen Turner) has a charmed life--a beautiful suburban home, a successful dentist husband (Sam Waterston), and two normal teenagers, Misty (Ricki Lake) and Chip (Matthew Lillard). But she also has a good deal of underlying rage waiting to escape....Just be sure to follow her rules: be polite to your neighbour, always recycle, rewind your videotapes, and never, ever wear white shoes after Labour Day. When one of her son's teachers speaks disparagingly of the boy at a parent-teacher conference, Bev runs the instructor over in the school parking lot. Suddenly she has an insatiable taste for murder. Six homicides later, the cops get wise to her crimes, which are committed with weapons ranging from a leg of lamb to a fireplace poker. A media frenzy ensues, turning an unrepentant Beverly into a media celebrity.<BR>A serial-killer comedy mixed with courtroom-drama social satire, the raunchy SERIAL MOM was John Waters' return to R-rated fare after the sweet-natured duo of HAIRSPRAY and CRY-BABY. Suburban life is duly skewered here as the serenity of Beverly's upper-middle-class surroundings are continually sullied by her comedically disturbing acts of violence. Turner appears to relish the opportunity to play such an over-the-top role, and the usual Baltimore-based supporting players make welcome appearances.
- Leading Role 1Kathleen Turner
- Director 1John Waters
- Additional Roles byScott Wesley
- ProducerJohn Fiedler,Mark Tarlov
- ScreenwriterJohn Waters
- Score ComposerBasil Poledouris
- EditorJanice Hampton
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2003
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Running Time89 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- yellowlizardbab...14 Apr, 2013by
Definitely one for those with a quirky sense of humour.
I saw the movie a number of years ago and am a fan of Kathleen Turner, so I loved this dvd. Definitely one for those with a quirky sense of humour.
- leeh786801 Aug, 2012by
You need to buy this....
I bought this DVD because after seeing the film on TV I wanted a copy! Its darkly comedic and kathleen turner being the serial mom is very very funny! I will just mention pussywillow!! I cannot really say there were any aspects I disliked, but definately NOT for children!
- jlcrules27 Feb, 2011by
LOVE THIS FILM ITS A CULT CLASSIC
ALL TIME CLASSIC FILM. SO FUNNY AND FULL OF GREAT ONE LINERS AND ENTERTAINING FROM START TO FINISH!!!
- sexandthecity19...28 May, 2009by
Hilarious film. Get it for less than a fiver, 1980s comedy for adults. Ferris Bueller grows up stlyeeeee
- betty078601 May, 2009by
GREAT FUNNY KATHLEEN TUNER PLAYS A GREAT SERIAL MOM .
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £6.10Trending at £8.22
- £7.20Trending at £13.03
- £5.49Trending at £5.74
- £27.49Trending at £31.77
- £8.95Trending at £9.61
- £5.49Trending at £7.19
- £11.50Trending at £21.23