Serving People with Food Allergies: Kitchen Management and Menu Creation by Joel J. Schaefer (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £37.66+ £0.74 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by wordery_specialist
- See details for delivery est.
- £28.30+ £2.58 P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by revivalbooks
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £12.42Trending at £17.90
- £24.71Trending at £26.53
- £27.06Trending at £29.68
- £20.63Trending at £28.98
- £8.49Trending at £10.45
- £8.90Trending at £13.03
- £13.01Trending at £16.03
About this product
- Author(s)Joel J. Schaefer
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication14/06/2011
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note62 colour illustrations, 126 black & white tables
- Weight725 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction: The Unpleasant Past Leads to a Bright Future Part I: Knowledge Food Allergies and the Food Service Industry What Is a Food Allergy or Intolerance? Facts and Statistics Do Food Allergies Affect More Children Than Adults? Food Allergy Statistics from Other Countries Global Market Research Report The Food Service Industry's Responsibility How Do Food Allergic Reactions Work? Food Allergy Symptoms Anaphylactic Shock Treatment for Food Allergy How Allergens Are Introduced to the Body Methods of Allergen Introduction into Food Food Allergies Today Chapter in Review Endnotes Major Food Allergens Revealed Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act Consumer Advisory Statements A Brief History of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Regulations Notice to Manufacturers Statement of Policy for Labeling and Preventing Cross-Contact Food Good Manufacturing Practices Modernization Working Group The Food and Drug Administration's 2005 Food Code State Initiatives Chapter Review Endnotes Food Allergen Summary Egg: The Versatile Ingredient Milk: The Main Event Peanuts and Tree Nuts Are Not the Same But Are Just as Deadly Fish and Shellfish Soy: The Manufacturers' Ingredient Wheat Is Part of Every Menu Corn: Is It an Allergy or Intolerance? Chapter Review Endnotes Special Diets Autism Celiac Disease Diabetes Lactose Intolerance Phenylketonuria (PKU) Preference Diets Chapter Review Endnotes Part II: Skills The Real Life Experiences of Gina Clowes, Mom and President of AllergyMoms.com Getting Started Building a Communication Process Liability Cost and the Bottom Line Communication Process Flow Chapter Review Endnote Service Management The Guests' Responsibility Food Allergy Training The 4 R's for the Front of the House Manager Duties Chapter Review Endnote Kitchen Management HACCP Plan for Food Allergen Safety The 4 R's for the Kitchen Chapter Review Endnotes Menu Creation In the Test Kitchen Sample Menus Suggested Products for Styles of Service Points to Remember Part III: Abilities Recipes for the Professional Kitchen Recipe Conversion Formula Staples for the Kitchen Scratch Stocks Breakfast Appetizers and Condiments Salads and Salad Dressings Soups and Stews Side Dishes Entrees Desserts Kid Desserts Appendix: Support Organizations, Books, Specialty Equipment, and Index Support Organizations Resource Books Cookbooks and Magazines Magazines Specialty Equipment-Chef Joel's Recommendations
- Author BiographyJoel J. Schaefer is a Certified Chef de Cuisine and Certified Hospitality Trainer, and president of Allergy Chefs, Inc., specializing in food allergy and special diets training and product development. Along with running his own business, Schaefer is the Research & Development Chef for AllergyFree Foods and consulting chef for the Cafe at Virginia College and San Jamar/Chef Revival. His past experience includes manager of Product Development and Special Diets for Walt Disney World(R) Resort; culinary nutrition instructor at Valencia Community College in Orlando, Florida; and chef instructor at Kapiolani Community College in Honolulu, Hawaii. In 2009, he received the Michael Ty Endowment Fund, an American Culinary Federation national award, for his educational work with children and the food service industry in the areas of nutrition and food allergy awareness.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.