All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the Oregon Territory, mountain man Adam Pontipee (Howard Keel, acting and singing with gusto) comes to town to sell his crops and woo a woman to be his wife, succeeding with spirited Milly (Jane Powell), who is tired of feeding and waiting on so many men at the local inn. Her dreams of keeping house for just one man are shattered when she discovers that Adam shares his pigsty cabin with six brawling brothers. Milly's good cooking and stubborn nature whip the young men into shape and inspire them to seek women of their own. But after a disastrous barn raising during which the brothers snare the attention of the town girls only to be taunted into fighting with the town men, Adam suggests his brothers forget gentle methods of love and follow the actions of the Roman with the Sabine ('Sobbin'') women. The kidnapping of their six sweethearts spurs Milly to throw the men out of the house, but enforced proximity caused by winter and the brothers' good intentions just might help love bloom again.
- Leading Role 1Jane Powell
- Director 1Stanley Donen
- Leading Role 2Howard Keel
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2005
- GenreMusic/Performing Arts
- Additional GenreMusicals & Music Films
- Running Time98 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- 197821736@delet...08 Jan, 2007by
seven brides for seven brothers
I bought this film as a present for christmas was very pleased as wasn't sure would be able to find it
- maryandgeoff343...09 Nov, 2006by
I bought this dvd because my daughter who is severly disabled and terminally ill loves musicals and it is not always easy to get to the shops. Ebay helps me to get the things she likes and enjoys and the delivery is usual very prompt. It was a very enjoyable film and one that can be enjoyed by the whole family.I know that we will watch it over and over again there is humour in it good songs and of course it is a love story. Of course the price is usually very competative which always helps.
- 2005_wayne06 Nov, 2006by
Seven Brides For Seven Brothers
This was bought for and on behalf of my wife as I dislike musicals. But we sat down one rainy Sunday afternoon as a family and I really enjoyed the whole thing. I still don't understand how they managed to break into song about some things but I think that is just me. I would recomend this film to anyone looking to have an easy watching classic in the cupboard or on the shelf. Have it there ready for that rainy Sunday afternoon, put the fire on and cuddle to your loved ones and enjoy this harmless and entertaining movie.
- dog7red05 Sep, 2006by
Seven brides for seven brothers
I love this film because i love musicals and i decided to buy it because my husband used to watch it as a child with his mum, three brothers and sister and knows all the words to the songs!! Very sad i know but this is why i bought it!!
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £3.78Trending at £4.47
- £9.85Trending at £10.48
- £9.99Trending at £16.99
- £5.99Trending at £6.79
- £12.95Trending at £13.58
- £5.45Trending at £6.18
- £26.49Trending at £47.50