All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £19.32Trending at £27.66
- £7.69Trending at £8.32
- £9.50Trending at £10.80
- £13.28Trending at £14.51
- £13.94Trending at £15.12
- £13.91Trending at £18.98
- £19.20Trending at £30.25
About this product
- DescriptionIntriguing insight into attitudes toward sexuality in marriage, based on first-hand interviews with a socially diverse range of people.
- Author BiographySimon Szreter is Reader in History and Public Policy at the University of Cambridge, and a Fellow of St John's College, Cambridge. His previous publications include Fertility, Class and Gender in Britain 1860-1940 (Cambridge University Press, 1996) and Changing Family Size in England and Wales 1891-1911: Place, Class and Demography (co-editor, Cambridge University Press, 2001). In 2009 he was awarded the Viseltear Prize of the American Public Health Association for contributions to the history of public health. He is also a founding member of the History and Policy Network. Kate Fisher is Senior Lecturer in History, University of Exeter. Her highly acclaimed first book, Birth Control, Sex and Marriage in Britain, 1918-1960 (2006), won national and international awards including the RHS Whitfield Prize. In 2007 she was shortlisted for Times Higher Academic Author of the Year Award.
- PrizesWinner of Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2011. Long-listed for BBC Samuel Johnson Prize for Non-Fiction 2011.
- Author(s)Kate Fisher,Simon Szreter
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/10/2010
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleCambridge Social and Cultural Histories
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note6 b/w illus. 1 table
- Weight750 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.