Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.32Trending at £25.05
- £66.16Trending at £92.21
- £8.66Trending at £10.34
- £13.63Trending at £14.16
- £22.22Trending at £23.53
- £19.56Trending at £26.19
- £16.22Trending at £20.27
About this product
- DescriptionPerformance artist Diane Torr has been teaching women how to dress and pass as men on city streets around the world. This book documents and contextualizes the development of Torr's internationally celebrated workshops, as well as her experiments in performing gender-play in theaters, galleries, and clubs.
- Author BiographyDiane Torr, born in Canada and now living in Glasgow, has performed across the United States, United Kingdom, and Europe and has earned an international reputation for her gender transformation workshops (featured on This American Life on NPR). Her work has also been profiled in an HBO special. Stephen Bottoms is Wole Soyinka Professor of Drama and Theatre Studies at the University of Leeds. His books include the prizewinning Playing Underground: A Critical History of the 1960s Off-Off-Broadway Movement.||Stephen J. Bottoms is Professor and Chair of Theater Studies and Director of the Workshop Theatre at the University of Leeds. He is also author of Albee: Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? and The Theatre of Sam Shepard: States of Crisis
- Author(s)Diane Torr,Stephen Bottoms
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2010
- GenreOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Content Note19 b&w photos
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.