Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £69.50Trending at £110.43
- £97.58Trending at £125.54
- £25.18Trending at £31.48
- £4.95Trending at £7.99
- £26.13Trending at £36.04
- £19.94Trending at £24.92
- £5.98Trending at £7.99
About this product
- DescriptionIntroducing a variety of perspectives on sex taken by many of the major world religions, this book focuses on the historical development of these perspectives, as well as their most current manifestations.
- Author BiographyChristel Manning is Associate Professor of Religious Studies and Chair of the Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies at Sacred Heart University in Fairfield, CT, where she teaches courses in world religions, new religions, and religion, gender, and sexuality. She is the author of GOD GAVE US THE RIGHT: CONSERVATIVE CATHOLIC, EVANGELICAL PROTESTANT, AND ORTHODOX JEWISH WOMEN GRAPPLE WITH FEMINISM, as well as several articles on women and religion and new religious movements. Born in California and raised in Germany, she now lives with her husband and daughter in New Haven. Phil Zuckerman is a professor of sociology and religious studies at Pitzer College, where he teaches courses in social theory, deviance, sociology of religion, and sex and religion. He is the author of INVITATION TO THE SOCIOLOGY OF RELIGION and STRIFE IN THE SANCTUARY: RELIGIOUS SCHISM IN A JEWISH COMMUNITY, and the editor of DU BOIS ON RELIGION. Born and raised in Southern California, Phil lives with his wife, Stacy, and their two daughters.
- Author(s)Christel Manning,Phil Zuckerman
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication14/08/2004
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight272 g
- Width163 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.