All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- GenrePsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight414 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byAlessandra Lemma,Paul E. Lynch
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction. What happened to psychoanalysis in the wake of the sexual revolution? A developmental model of sexual excitement, desire and alienation. Desire and Its Discontents. Disrupting Oedipus; The Legacy of the Sphinx. No maps for uncharted lands: what does gender expression have to do with sexual orientation? . A Scientific Theory of homosexuality for psychoanalysis. Intimacy, Desire and Shame in Gay Male Sexuality. Objecting to the object: Encountering the internal parental couple relationship for lesbian and gay couples. The Sexual Aberrations: Do We Still Need the Concept? If so, when and why? If not, why not? The prostitute as mirror: Distinguishing perverse and non-perverse use of prostitutes. On sexual perversions'capacity to act as portal to psychic states that have evaded representation. Working with problems of perversion.
- Author BiographyAlessandra Lemma, PhD is Director of the Psychological Therapies Development Unit at the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust. She is a Fellow of the British Psychoanalytic Society and Visiting Professor in the Psychoanalysis Unit, University College London. She is a Consultant Adult Psychotherapist at the Portman Clinic where she specializes in working with transsexuals. She has published extensively on psychoanalysis, the body and trauma. Paul E. Lynch, MD is on the faculty of the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute, the Massachusetts Institute for Psychoanalysis, and the China American Psychoanalytic Alliance. He teaches about psychoanalysis, gender, and sexuality, and has been a popular speaker on issues of homosexuality and psychoanalysis. He is also a Clinical Instructor of Psychiatry at the Tufts University School of Medicine.
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £31.22Trending at £32.15
- £24.56Trending at £26.98
- £20.82Trending at £24.99
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £14.56Trending at £16.91
- £20.36Trending at £22.94
- £17.28Trending at £22.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.