All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAiming to demystify Shakespeare's plays, this title provides a general introduction to the plays. Illustrating how interpretations of Shakespeare are linked to cultural and political contexts, it covers topics such as Shakespeare's language; the plays as performance texts; the cultural and political contexts of the plays; and more.
- Author BiographySean McEvoy teaches English at Varndean College, Brighton, and on the Shakespeare MA at Royal Holloway, University of London. He is editor of the Hamlet volume in the Routledge Guides to Literature series, and of a forthcoming study of Ben Jonson's plays.
- Author(s)Sean McEvoy
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/06/2006
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleThe Basics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date19/04/2013
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight338 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- afgraylock4218 Jul, 2017by
Great Book about the greatest writer ever
In depth of analysis and loads of references to critics etc
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £6.83Trending at £7.03
- £4.95Trending at £9.06
- £5.76Trending at £7.04
- £6.79Trending at £9.01
- £5.20Trending at £10.07
- £5.45Trending at £10.07
- £5.10Trending at £10.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.