Consider these sponsored items
- £26.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do audiences do as they watch a Shakespearean play? This book examines a range of productions to explore the practice of being a modern Shakespearean audience. It surveys the most influential ideas about spectatorship, and analyses strategies employed in the texts and by modern theatre practitioners to position audiences in particular ways.
- Author BiographyStephen Purcell is Assistant Professor of English at the University of Warwick, UK. His research focuses on Shakespeare in contemporary performance and popular culture. His publications include Popular Shakespeare (2009) and The White Devil (2012) in The Shakespeare Handbooks series.
- Author(s)Stephen Purcell
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication26/11/2013
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleShakespeare in Practice
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note216 p.
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £4.99Trending at £5.11
- £20.99Trending at £22.48
- £30.68Trending at £40.81
- £6.25Trending at £9.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.