All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis first-ever history of the legendarily bohemian bookshop in Paris.
- Author BiographyKrista Halverson is the director of Shakespeare and Company bookstore's publishing venture. Previously, she was the managing editor of Zoetrope: All-Story, the art and literary quarterly published by Francis Ford Coppola, which has won several National Magazine Awards for Fiction and numerous design prizes. She was responsible for the magazine's art direction, working with guest designers including Lou Reed, Kara Walker, Mikhail Baryshnikov, Zaha Hadid, Wim Wenders and Tom Waits, among others. Jeanette Winterson's first novel, Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit, was published in 1985. In 1992 she was one of Granta's Best of Young British Novelists. She has won numerous awards and is published around the world. Her memoir, Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal?, was an international bestseller. Her latest novel, The Gap of Time, is a cover version of Shakespeare's The Winter's Tale.Sylvia Whitman is the owner of Shakespeare and Company bookstore, which her father opened in 1951. She took on management of the shop in 2004, when she was 23, and now co-manages the bookstore with her partner, David Delannet. Together they have opened an adjoining cafe, as well as launched a literary festival, a contest for unpublished novellas and a publishing arm.
- Author(s)Jeanette Winterson,Krista Halverson
- PublisherShakespeare and Company
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- ImprintShakespeare and Company
- Weight1020 g
- Width159 mm
- Height240 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.93
- £22.62Trending at £23.38
- £10.14Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £21.94Trending at £22.11
- £9.97Trending at £12.03
- £19.24Trending at £19.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.