Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £15.26Trending at £25.52
- £3.49Trending at £6.98
- £5.13Trending at £8.99
- £7.57Trending at £8.99
- £4.97Trending at £5.07
- £5.99Trending at £8.74
- £4.23Trending at £5.16
About this product
- DescriptionOffers an exploration of the ways in which Shakespearean texts engage in the social and cultural politics of sixteenth- and early seventeenth-century translation practices. This book takes Venus and Adonis as a starting point for the collection and offers perspectives on translation and the fashioning of religious, and gendered identities.
- Author BiographyLiz Oakley-Brown is Lecturer in Shakespeare and Early Modern Writing at Lancaster University, UK. She is author of Ovid and the Cultural Politics of Translation in Early Modern England (Ashgate, 2006) and co-editor of Translation and Nation (Multilingual Matters, 2001).
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication14/04/2011
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleContinuum Shakespeare Studies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight457 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byLiz Oakley-Brown
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.