Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.21Trending at £12.34
- £11.75Trending at £14.47
- £12.51Trending at £16.54
About this product
- DescriptionLooks at the genre of Shakespeare-for-children. Drawing on feminist theory and sociology, the author demonstrates how Shakespeare for children utilizes the cultural capital of 'Shakespeare', and the pedagogical aspects of children's literature, to perpetuate anachronistic forms of identity and authority.
- Author BiographyErica Hateley teaches children's and adolescent literature at Kansas State University. She has published articles about Shakespeare for children in several journals, and in the recent collection of essays To See the Wizard: Politics and the Literature of Childhood edited by Laurie Ousley.
- Author(s)Erica Hateley
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/12/2008
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleChildren's Literature and Culture
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 58
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white halftones
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.