CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £14.86Trending at £16.99
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £6.50Trending at £7.19
- £6.10Trending at £6.25
- £24.94Trending at £28.57
About this product
- DescriptionShakespeare's Political Wisdom offers interpretations of five Shakespearean plays with a view to the enduring guidance those plays can provide to human, political life. The plays have been chosen for their relentless attention to the questions that were once and may sometime become, or be recognized as being, the heart and soul of politics.
- Author BiographyTimothy W. Burns is Professor and Graduate Program Director of Political Science at Baylor University. He is author of Shakespeare's Political Wisdom (2013), co-author (with Thomas L. Pangle) of Key Texts of Political Philosophy: An Introduction (2014), editor of Brill's Companion To Leo Strauss' Writings on Classical Political Thought (2015), editor of Recovering Reason: Essays in Honor of Thomas L. Pangle (2010), and editor of After History? Francis Fukuyama and his Critics (1994). He is co-editor, with Peter A. Lawler, of The Future of Liberal Education (2014), and co-editor, with Bryan-Paul Frost, of Philosophy, History, and Tyranny: Re-examining the Debate Between Leo Strauss and Alexandre Kojeve (2016). He is translator of Marcellinus' Life of Thucydides, and author of articles on works by Homer, Thucydides, Aristophanes, Plato, Dionysius of Halicarnassus, Bacon, Shakespeare, Hobbes, Chesterton, Strauss, Fukuyama, Putnam, and modern liberal republican theory. He is also editor in chief of Interpretation: A Journal of Political Philosophy.
- Author(s)Timothy W. Burns
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/04/2013
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleRecovering Political Philosophy
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight440 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.