All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShaky began his singing career in the late 1960s, in the rock 'n' roll band Shakin' Stevens and the Sunsets. In 1977 he decided to go it alone, and after taking the lead role in the West End musical Elvis, his recording career as a solo artist started to gain momentum. It was in 1981 that he really arrived on the pop scene.
- Author BiographyMichael Heatley is the author of the bestselling biography John Peel: A Life in Music, which was described by Sunday Times reviewer Clive Selwood as 'a monumental achievement'. He is also a music journalist and a highly respected music historian.
- Author(s)Michael Heatley
- PublisherMichael O'Mara Books Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2005
- GenreBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMichael O'Mara Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date19/12/2006
- Content Note16pp colour plates
- Width153 mm
- Height231 mm
Most relevant reviews
- mikec450106 Dec, 2014by
Good biography with good quotes from contempories.
I bought the book because I was a friend of Mickey Gee ,who played lead guitar in Shaky's band.I knew he'd sung on some of the records,but hadn't realised he was also the arranger. Shaky was a good read for me, with many quotes that rang true and were not always flattering.
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £12.16Trending at £12.55
- £6.60Trending at £6.99
- £14.01Trending at £20.40
- £16.63Trending at £19.99
- £4.90Trending at £5.94
- £10.58Trending at £12.94
- £13.31Trending at £17.99