All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith case studies and research, this title outlines the principles for planning healthy and sustainable neighbourhoods and towns, putting the topical issues of climate change and obesity at the centre of its concern.
- Author BiographyHugh Barton is Professor of Planning, Health and Sustainability and Director of the WHO Collaborating Centre for Healthy Urban Environments at the University of the West of England, Bristol. He has taught planning, transport, urban design and environmental sustainability for 30 years to undergraduate, postgraduate, and mid-career professionals. His books include Local Environmental Auditing, Sustainable Communities and Healthy Urban Planning. Marcus Grant is Deputy Director of the WHO Collaborating Centre for Healthy Urban Environments and Programme Leader for the Masters in Spatial Planning at UWE. As a chartered landscape architect, he has research and consultancy experience in the field of sustainability and participation going back some fifteen years. Following ten years in environmental consultancy, he joined the WHO Collaborating Centre for Healthy Cities and Urban Policy in 1998 to work on a project that demonstrates the synergy between sustainable development, health and design. Richard Guise is a chartered Architect and Town Planner, and Director of his urban design consultancy Context 4D. He was formerly Course Leader for the MA Urban Design programme at the University of the West of England, where he is currently Visiting Research Fellow.
- Author(s)Hugh Barton,Marcus Grant,Richard Guise
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/01/2010
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note214 colour illustrations
- Weight1243 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
Save on Environment, Nature & Earth
- £10.96Trending at £11.97
- £7.59Trending at £7.80
- £12.85Trending at £14.75
- £8.00Trending at £8.82
- £8.12Trending at £8.62
- £6.09Trending at £7.09
- £9.60Trending at £11.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.