Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- £1.50+ £9.87 P&P
- Like New condition
- Sold by ibrahimakhtar
- See details for delivery est.
- £4.97+ £5.50 P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by mcgentertainment
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
About this product
- DescriptionArthur Conan Doyle's famous super-sleuth, Sherlock Holmes, gets an update with this 2009 adaptation of Lionel Wigram's comic book series by writer/director Guy Ritchie (ROCKNROLLA, SNATCH). The ever-charismatic Robert Downey Jr. (IRON MAN) portrays the titular detective as you've never seen him before; a swaggering, bare-knuckle fighting rogue, who exudes charm and quickfire witty one-liners, whilst hinting at the complexity of the troubled genius lurking beneath. Jude Law (THE IMAGINARIUM OF DOCTOR PARNASSUS) steps into the dapper shoes of Holmes' sidekick Dr. Watson, whose attitude to the world's greatest detective ranges from bemused and exasperated to impressed and confounded. The chemistry between the lead actors never fails to dazzle, as they caper their way through a stunningly-rendered Victorian London.<BR><BR><BR>We first come upon the duo as they close another successful case, which sees evil serial killer Lord Henry Blackwood (Mark Strong, ROCKNROLLA) executed for his crimes. But before his death by hanging, the bloodthirsty Lord warns Holmes that his murder spree is not yet over, and that the deaths of his next victims will have dire consequences for the entire world. So when their new nemesis mysterious returns from the grave, the detective and his stalwart companion Watson finds themselves following clues which lead them into a dark twisted world of black magic. Guy Richies' SHERLOCK HOLMES is a riotously fun experience; part mystery thriller, part comic adventure. With a stellar supporting cast including Rachel McAdams, Eddie Marsan, Geraldine James, Kelly Reilly and James Fox.
- Leading Role 1Robert Downey, Jr.
- Director 1Guy Ritchie
- Leading Role 2Jude Law
- Leading Role 3Rachel McAdams
- Additional Roles byKelly Reilly,Mark Strong,Eddie Marsan
- ProducerJoel Silver,Lionel Wigram,Susan Downey,Dan Lin
- ScreenwriterLionel Wigram,Simon Kinberg,Tony Peckham,Michael Robert Johnson
- Score ComposerHans Zimmer
- Release FormatBlu-ray
- Release Year2010
- Subtitle LanguagesDanish,Dutch,English,Finnish,French,German,Italian,Norwegian,Portuguese,Swedish
- Running Time128 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- 9360fionac04 Sep, 2015by
Sherlock Holmes Blu-ray was a very good show. I enjoy it and one item I would keep. Their is a lot of fighting and it is quite funny as well. It has a little of everything. I got it because it was one that I had not seen, saw the trailer and was impressed.
- jyorkie9526 Jul, 2011by
Really Good Film, 100% Reccomended
Really good film, there is a lot of graphic, but at the same time humour I thoroughly enjoyed the film, and would definitely reccomend, especially in the high quality of blu ray 100% would reccomend you buy this item and watch it
- jonthebloody28 Jun, 2011by
a must for everyone whether you follow holmes or this is your first look
whether you are a follower of holmes or not this film is a must see flick as a massive horror fan i watch few none horror movies and this is still one of my favorites over the past 2 yrs. worth a tenner or less of anybodys money...but remember never get ripped off at hmv.
- parpaggap6820 May, 2011by
As a Sherlock Holmes fan it would be easy to write this film off as the original Conan Doyle stories have already been done so well before, so lets review the film on it's own merits as an action movie. It is an enjoyable film with Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law giving very good performances as Holmes and Watson. The story is not too taxing, believeable and well paced, the special effects are good and there is a bit of light heated humour. Guy Ritchie has done a very good job so sit back, relax and be entertained.
- katreddog13 Feb, 2011by
great film holmes and watson excellent.
great action film, never a dull moment lots of twists and turns in the story. Enjoyed this film from start to finish, hope they will make a follow up. Chose blue ray due to having a 1080 tv. well worth it fantastic quality of picture.
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £6.95Trending at £8.27
- £5.49Trending at £7.67
- £6.40Trending at £12.20
- £19.85Trending at £22.26
- £6.89Trending at £8.95
- £3.99Trending at £7.76
- £6.99Trending at £13.47