Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- £1.87+ £1.20 P&P
- Like New condition
- Sold by revivalbooks
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
About this product
- DescriptionArthur Conan Doyle's famous super-sleuth, Sherlock Holmes, gets an update with this 2009 adaptation of Lionel Wigram's comic book series by writer/director Guy Ritchie (ROCKNROLLA, SNATCH). The ever-charismatic Robert Downey Jr. (IRON MAN) portrays the titular detective as you've never seen him before; a swaggering, bare-knuckle fighting rogue, who exudes charm and quickfire witty one-liners, whilst hinting at the complexity of the troubled genius lurking beneath. Jude Law (THE IMAGINARIUM OF DOCTOR PARNASSUS) steps into the dapper shoes of Holmes' sidekick Dr. Watson, whose attitude to the world's greatest detective ranges from bemused and exasperated to impressed and confounded. The chemistry between the lead actors never fails to dazzle, as they caper their way through a stunningly-rendered Victorian London.<BR><BR><BR>We first come upon the duo as they close another successful case, which sees evil serial killer Lord Henry Blackwood (Mark Strong, ROCKNROLLA) executed for his crimes. But before his death by hanging, the bloodthirsty Lord warns Holmes that his murder spree is not yet over, and that the deaths of his next victims will have dire consequences for the entire world. So when their new nemesis mysterious returns from the grave, the detective and his stalwart companion Watson finds themselves following clues which lead them into a dark twisted world of black magic. Guy Richies' SHERLOCK HOLMES is a riotously fun experience; part mystery thriller, part comic adventure. With a stellar supporting cast including Rachel McAdams, Eddie Marsan, Geraldine James, Kelly Reilly and James Fox.
- Leading Role 1Robert Downey, Jr.
- Director 1Guy Ritchie
- Leading Role 2Jude Law
- Leading Role 3Rachel McAdams
- Additional Roles byKelly Reilly,Mark Strong,Eddie Marsan
- ProducerJoel Silver,Lionel Wigram,Susan Downey,Dan Lin
- ScreenwriterLionel Wigram,Simon Kinberg,Tony Peckham,Michael Robert Johnson
- Score ComposerHans Zimmer
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2010
- Subtitle LanguagesBulgarian,Croatian,English,Estonian,Finnish,Hebrew,Icelandic,Italian,Latvian,Lithuanian,Serbian,Slovenian
- Running Time123 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- bluebrian589530 Oct, 2013by
seller and goods very pleased with
I love Sherlock Holmes in any sharp or form, everything was very goof regarding this purchase would by from seller and recommend him to friends and family.
- drumabbey26 May, 2013by
Must have DVD
A great performance by Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law. Saw this film and just had to own the DVD so I can watch again and again!
- 1112758699@dele...17 Aug, 2012by
Great movie, action packed watched before but my one got stolen so I just couldn't live without it. Robert Dawney Jr has found a film that suits him. Hes next venture was Iron Man which was A+. Jude Law never really liked his films before but he was a great addition to the movie
- john-william-8002 Jul, 2012by
Excellent for all the family
Great film.Family entertainment at its best.We all probably know the Sherlock Holmes Dr. Watson characters.but be prepared to see a refreshingly new pair of characters as never portrayed like this before.Guy Ritchie's interpretation of Sherlock Holmes is first class.A masterpiece.Just buy it gather all the family around the T.V.Be prepared to be ENTERTAINED.
- peterh724027 Jun, 2012by
Ludicrous and completely unnecessary reconstruction of the Victorian master sleuth. Gone is the familiar and much-loved eccentric detective, with his calabash pipe, deerstalker hat, discreet cocaine habit and occasional violin solos. Instead he is a young dude who enjoys earning cash as a prize-fighter and running around in a frantic story about black magic. But the street scenes are well done - and especially magical is the sight of Tower Bridge being built. If you are a fan of the REAL Holmes, give this noisy, hectic tale a miss.
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £6.25Trending at £8.79
- £6.40Trending at £12.27
- £20.98Trending at £22.63
- £5.99Trending at £7.81
- £30.75Trending at £32.20
- £6.99Trending at £13.45
- £8.95Trending at £9.73