Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £14.01
- £19.38Trending at £29.95
- £4.46Trending at £4.99
- £10.42Trending at £14.46
- £11.05Trending at £12.35
- £12.56Trending at £16.54
- £11.98Trending at £15.20
About this product
- DescriptionA history of the mainstay of Allied armoured units in World War II, the Sherman tank, whose simplicity, reliability and manoeuverability made it the most widely used tank of the war.
- Author BiographySteven J. Zaloga was born in 1952, received his BA in history from Union College, and his MA from Columbia University. He has published numerous books and articles dealing with modern military technology, especially armoured vehicle development. His main area of interest is military affairs in the former Soviet Union and Eastern Europe in the Second World War, and he has also written extensively on American armoured forces.
- Author(s)Steven Zaloga
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication27/05/1993
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey New Vanguard S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.3
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note40 b&w and 8 colour plates
- Weight189 g
- Width185 mm
- Height250 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Sarson
Most relevant reviews
- pendragon384510 Dec, 2010by
Sherman Medium Tank by Steven J Zaloga
This is one of the Osprey series and is first class.The cutaway drawing of the Sherman was worth the cover price.Stephen J Zaloga is the expert when it comes down to Sherman Tanks and this book is a great introduction at a decent price. I liked the archive photographs that were throughout the book and the very informative and detailed text. All in all a great little book that would suit tank fans and military modellers alike.