Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £14.90Trending at £15.11
- £9.40Trending at £13.03
- £9.60Trending at £11.22
- £16.70Trending at £21.79
- £15.55Trending at £19.12
- £13.65Trending at £14.19
- £18.71Trending at £19.03
About this product
- DescriptionShinto - A Short History provides an introductory outline of the historical development of Shinto from the ancient period of Japanese history until the present day.
- Author BiographyMark Teeuwen teaches at the University of Oslo, Norway. His specialisation is the history of Japanese religion. He has published extensively on the history of Shinto and kami worship within this field. John Breen teaches at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London. He specialises in cultural history and has published widely on politics and religion in modern Japan. Inoue Nobutaka teaches at Kokugakuin University in Tokyo, where he is a central member of the newly created Faculty of Shinto Studies. His field is sociology of religion. He is widely recognised as one of the foremost experts on Japanese New Religions in general, and sect Shinto in particular.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/05/2003
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteindex
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byIto Satoshi,Jun Endo,Mizue Mori,Nobutaka Inoue
- Translated byJohn Breen,Mark Teeuwen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.