All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe improbable but thrilling story of how a Colorado farm boy built a navy, how a decrepit ocean liner learned to be a hospital, and how a boat load of volunteers are literally changing the face of the world ... one face at a time.
- Author BiographyMercy Ships is an international charity which currently operates three hospital vessels: the Anastasis, the Caribbean Mercy and the Island Mercy. These astonishing ships take relief and development to the port cities of some of the world's poorest countries. Every year, Mercy Ships' doctors perform more than a thousand complex operations that transform people's lives - including complicated maxilofacial surgery - in areas where up to half the population has no access to basic health care.
- Author(s)Don Stephens,Lynda Rutledge Stephenson
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication25/04/2005
- GenreTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2005
- ImprintHodder & Stoughton Ltd
- Out-of-print date02/02/2016
- Content Note8pp colour
- Weight190 g
- Width128 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.14
- £11.30Trending at £12.34
- £12.17Trending at £13.09
- £9.60Trending at £9.76
- £10.86Trending at £11.41
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £11.51Trending at £15.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.