All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the deep utopianism of one of the most significant modern cultural practices: science fiction. It contends that utopianism is not simply a motif in science fiction - alongside technology, time travel, alien encounters, conspiracies, alternate histories or the post-apocalypse - but is fundamental to the genre's narrative dynamics.
- Author BiographyPhillip E. Wegner is the Marston-Milbauer Eminent Scholar at the University of Florida. He is the author of Imaginary Communities: Utopia, the Nation, and the Spatial Histories of Modernity; Life Between Two Deaths, 1989-2001: U.S. Culture in the Long Nineties; and Periodizing Jameson: Dialectics, the University, and the Desire for Narrative.
- Author(s)Phillip E. Wegner
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication16/09/2014
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleRalahine Utopian Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight510 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.67Trending at £3.80
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.98Trending at £10.47
- £11.10Trending at £14.98
- £8.24Trending at £12.00
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.