Shopgirls: True Stories of Friendship, Hardship and Triumph From Behind the Counter by Annabel Hobley, Dr. Pamela Cox (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £4.99Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by theentertainmentstore
- Est. delivery by 3 Dec
- £3.99Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by islagracepayne
- Est. delivery by 30 Nov
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description`[Go] behind the glamorous shop fronts and the glitzy shop floors of Britain's department stores... Here the hidden history is revealed.' Saga MagazineMeet the shopgirls and hear their incredible true stories of life behind the counter.
- Author BiographyPamela Cox is a social historian at the University of Essex. She has presented two major history series for BBC Two - 'Shopgirls: The True Story of Life Behind the Counter' (2014) and 'Servants: The True Story of Life Below Stairs' (2012), both produced by Annabel Hobley. Her previous books include Bad Girls (2012) and Becoming Delinquent (2002). Annabel Hobley is a television producer and writer. Her credits for the BBC, ITV and More4 include Shopgirls: The True Story of Life Behind the Counter; Servants: The True Story of Life Below Stairs; McQueen & I, a documentary on fashion icons Alexander McQueen and Isabella Blow; and The Lost World of Mitchell & Kenyon, about an extraordinary treasure trove of Edwardian films.
- Author(s)Annabel Hobley,Dr. Pamela Cox
- Date of Publication15/01/2015
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Content Noteb&w photographs
- Weight311 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in History & Military
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.