CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £13.99Trending at £19.89
- £12.38Trending at £15.87
- £42.58Trending at £45.78
- £34.66Trending at £36.72
- £25.00Trending at £31.56
- £16.79Trending at £24.17
- £28.39Trending at £32.14
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/03/2013
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number478
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight712 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byBerthold Koletzko,Kim Fleischer Michaelsen,Olle Hernell
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2002
- Table Of ContentsContributors. Preface. Breastfeeding in Modern and Ancient Times: Facts, Ideas and Beliefs; O. Tonz. Beer and Breastfeeding; B. Koletzko, F. Lehner. Does Breast-Feeding Protect Against Childhood Obesity? R. von Kries, et al. Nutrients, Growth and the Development of Programmed Metabolic Function; A.A. Jackson. Early Programming of Glucose Metabolism, Insulin Action and Longevity; C.N. Hales. The Mammary Gland - Infant Intestine Immunologic Dyad; L.A.Hanson, et al. Breast Feeding and the Intestinal Microflora of the Infant - Implications for Protection against Infectious Diseases; A.E. Wold, I. Adlerberth. Opsonophagocytosis versus Lectinophagocytosis in Human Milk Macrophages; H. Schroten, et al. Is Allergy a Preventable Disease? B. Bjorksten. Breast-Feeding and the Development of Cow's Milk Protein Allergy; K.M. Saarinen, et al. Maternal Asthma Status Alters the Relation of Infant Feeding to Asthma in Childhood; A.L. Wright, et al. Does Breast-Feeding Affect the Risk for Coeliac Disease? A. Ivarsson, et al. Breastfeeding and Growth in Rural Kenyan Toddlers; A.W. Onyango. Breastfeeding and Stunting among Toddlers in Peru; G.S. Marquis, J.-P. Habicht. Breastfeeding and Growth in Rural Senegalese Toddlers; K.B. Simondon, et al. Duration of Breast-Feeding and Linear Growth; K.F. Michaelsen, et al. The Association between Prolonged Breastfeeding and Poor Growth; J.-P. Habicht. Breastfeeding and HIV-1 Infection; R. Nduati. Subclinical Mastitis as a Risk Factor for Mother-Infant HIV Transmission; J.F. Willumsen, et al. Recommendations on Feeding Infants of HIV Positive Mothers; F. Savage, L. Lhotska. Transmission of Cytomegalovirus Infection through Breast Milk in Term and Preterm Infants; K.Hamprecht, et al. Physiology of Oligosaccharides in Lactating Women and Breast Fed Infants; K. Clemens, R. Silvia. Immunomodulatory Effects of Breast Milk Oligosaccharides; N. Klein, et al. Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid Supply with Human Milk; T.U. Sauerwald, et al. Environmental Exposure to Polyunsaturated Biphenyls (PCBs) and Dioxins; E.R. Boersma, C.I. Lanting. Transition of Nitro Musks and Polycyclic Musks into Human Milk; B. Liebl, et al. Exposition to and Health Effects of Residues in Human Milk; H. Przyrembel, et al. Promotion of Breastfeeding Intervention Trial (PROBIT): A Cluster-Randomized Trial in the Republic of Belarus; M.S. Kramer, et al. Provision of Supplementary Fluids to Breast Fed Infants and Later Breast Feeding Success; C. Kind, et al. Breastfeeding Promotion -- Is its Effectiveness Supported by Scientific Evidence and Global Changes in Breastfeeding Behaviors? C.K. Lutter. Apoptosis in Lactating Rat Mammary Tissue using TUNEL Method; T. Iizuka, et al. Energy Intake and Growth of Breast-Fed Infants in Two Regions of Mexico; A. Bolanos, et al. Effect of Human Milk and Recombinant EGF, TGFa, and IGF-1 on Small Intestinal Cell Proliferation; C. Wagner, D. Forsythe. Low Breast Milk Vitamin A Concentration Reflects an Increased Risk of Low Liver Vitamin A Stores in Women; A. Rice, et al. Vitamin A in Milk Can Potentially Reduce the Replication of Enveloped Viruses in Infants; C. Isaacs, et al. Nucloside Analyses of Human Milk at 4 Stages of Lactation; M. Gerichhausen, et al. Quantitative Analysis of Human Milk Oligosaccharides by Capillary Electrophoresis; D. Newburg, et al. Zinc Intakes and Plasma Concentrations in Infancy; E. Sievers, et al. Nutritive Significance of Element Speciation in Breast Milk; B
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.