CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £53.13Trending at £55.25
- £22.74Trending at £23.44
- £7.00Trending at £7.20
- £17.24Trending at £17.72
- £10.79Trending at £14.98
- £8.02Trending at £8.17
- £24.73Trending at £27.65
About this product
- DescriptionPerformed for the purpose of religious worship, the ring shout still survives in the Bolton Community of McIntosh County, Georgia. <i>Shout Because You re Free</i> incorporates oral history, first-person accounts, musical transcriptions, photographs, and drawings to vividly document this art form.
- Author BiographyArt Rosenbaum is a painter, draftsman, muralist, folk musician and a professor of art at the Lamar Dodd School of Art at the University of Georgia. Margo Newmark Rosenbaum is a professional photographer. Johann S. Buis is the coordinator of music education programmes at the Center for Black Music Research, Columbia College, Chicago.
- Author(s)Johann S. Buis
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication30/11/2013
- GenreAutobiography: General
- Series TitleSarah Mills Hodge Fund Publication
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Note18 black & white photographs, 9 illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Photographs byMargo Newmark Rosenbaum
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.