All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £10.99Trending at £19.99
- £18.21Trending at £19.99
- £8.99Trending at £16.99
- £7.68Trending at £9.90
- £6.65Trending at £8.17
- £6.74Trending at £7.70
- £5.00Trending at £5.53
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the 11th century AD, East Asian armies used exploding missiles and siege cannon to reduce the fortification of their enemies, a level of technology that would not be seen in Europe until the 19th century. This book details the design and use of the wide range of weaponry available.
- Author BiographyStephen Turnbull is the world's leading English language authority on medieval Japan and the samurai. He has travelled extensively in the far east, particularly in Japan and Korea and is the author of The Samurai - A Military History, as well as numerous books for Osprey. Wayne Reynolds was born in Leeds, UK, where he also attended art college. He has had a life-long passion for illustration, and since 1991 has worked as a professional artist. Wayne has provided illustrations and source material for many gaming companies, creating figures, landscapes and interiors, as well as providing core characterisation. He is perhaps best known though for his work on titles such as 2000AD, Slaine, and Judge Dredd. A recent arrival to the Osprey stable, Wayne is also a keen modeller and historical re-enactor.
- Author(s)S.R. Turnbull
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication16/01/2002
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey New Vanguard S.
- Series Part/Volume Number44
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note49 b&w and colour illustrations
- Weight594 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Wayne Reynolds
Most relevant reviews
- worwolf2907 Apr, 2011by
this book makes for an excellent reference point
As a reenactment historian into medieval siege weaponary, I found this book a good source of reference. It compliments the collection of other tomes on the subject
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.